Resource Links for Educators
1. CAS Events
2. CAS Online Curriculum Material
4. Africa South of the Sahara, by Karen Fung, Stanford Africana Librarian, is one of the best online resources. The site offers annotated, organized and cross-listed links. You can browse by country or by topic. Under the Education topic are many sub-categories, include the following of interest to educators:
5. Africa Access, founded by Brenda Randolph, helps schools, public libraries, and parents improve the quality of their K-12 collections on Africa. In collaboration with the Outreach Council of the African Studies Association they host the Children’s Africana Book Awards, offer online reviews of books, and offer a range of other resources.
6. The Outreach Council of the African Studies Association offers an annual Teachers' Workshop at the annual conference. Each center also offers a range of resources, workshops and activities for educators.
7. H-AfrTeach: An H-Net Network for Teaching about Africa.
8. A list of Anti-Racist Resources for Action, Learning and Engagment. Compiled at UC Berkeley, June 2020.