Rocca Pre-Dissertation Application Information
Center for African Studies Fellowships
Rocca Predissertation Summer Fellowship
Applicants will submit an online application form, the materials listed below via e-mail, letters of recommendation and a waiver form.
B. Supporting materials
Submit the following items to the Center by e-mail: email@example.com.
- A 4-6 page essay describing the proposed research and summer work plan (aims, methods, itinerary, contacts, etc.)
- A timeline indicating expected progress through the various stages of the doctoral program
- A budget (including a quote on air fare)
- A curriculum vitae, and
- A copy of your unofficial UCB transcripts of record (CalCentral Academic Summary PDF).
To access your unofficial transcript of record, go to: https://calcentral.berkeley.edu, login with your Calnet ID, click on “My Academics", then click on “Academic Summary." Print the page as a PDF file, save and submit.
C. One Letter of Recommendation and Signed Waiver Form
- One letter of recommendation from your faculty advisor. Provide the recommender a copy of the signed Faculty Nomination Instructions and Waiver Form. The applicant's letter of recommendation should be sent ELECTRONICALLY directly from the faculty member the the Center via email to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. We suggest that faculty member put in the subject line the name of the applicant and "ROCCA PreDiss Letter of Recommendation".
- Signed Waiver Form. This is the only PAPER SUBMISSION of your application. Please follow the directions written on the form.
"Faculty Nomination Form" should be submitted to:
Rocca Memorial Award Committee
International and Area Studies
Center for African Studies
342/356 Stephens Hall #2314,
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-2314
Questions should be directed to Martha Saavedra,email@example.com